Friday, June 10, 2016

Love You Forever ♥

It's amazing how Mother's Day came and went so quickly. There were a lot of things that made the day unique like getting totally spoiled by Braedon and taking a lot of time to reflect on my mothers and how much they've influenced my life. However, one thing made the day just like every other. I thought about how much I have loved being a mom.

I don't think I can accurately express how much being a mother to Alexa has blessed my life. There are all these CRAZY fun things that I live through every day. I love how she makes the noises when I say the names of animals. Right now she does kitty, pup, bear, cow, and lizard (she sticks her tongue in and out). I've painted her nails twice, which looks SO adorable but it's exhausting... so most of the time I don't feel up to it. I love and hate when she gives me that devious look and I know she's about to run; it's a blast when we're in the house but super dangerous if we're outside. It drives me crazy how she takes her shoes off in the car. Every. Single. Time!

She points and says "baby" every time she sees any small child and loves to give them hugs. She giggles when I do "itsy bitsy spider" and "patty cake." I love how we walk in the door and she runs around searching and saying "daddy, daddy" over and over. I like that I drop her off at the gym daycare and she never looks back. She runs straight to the slide, climbs in, and slides down yelling "weee!" I love the times when she wakes up from a nap and instead of crying I hear her making sweet noises. I picture her exactly as she is when I open the door, standing up, holding onto the rails, and dancing and singing to her little music maker.

The way her nose crinkles when she smiles makes my heart sort of... ache with happiness. She's so free and alive and curious and intelligent. I honestly feel like I learn something new every day as I watch her learn about the world around her. And does it blow my mind when I see pictures of her from six months ago and she looks completely different? Yes! But I can honestly say that I never think "I wish she'd stay this little." Watching her grow is one of the most incredible things I've experienced in my life. I could go on and on about all the wonder she brings into our home.

All of these daily things make for a crazy good life. And don't get me wrong, being a mother has also been extremely challenging. Sometimes when I'm trying to clean or put clothes away or sweep I hear myself thing, "Alexa, I swear if you open that drawer one more time..." But then I get over it. Because she's a toddler and I love her and we're trying to figure it out together!

I have come to understand our Heavenly Father's plan with a depth I never knew I could feel. The family unit is SO divine. He knew how much joy we could have here on earth is we chose to raise a family and then were able to be with them forever. And that is what I want for myself. Through all the craziness and trials and pain and heart-ache I am constantly reminded that the joy and smiles and eternal happiness will be forever greater.

Another amazing thing I've gained through having a child is an even stronger desire to continue growing our family. I always knew that I wanted to have a baby, and was so excited to do it, but since carrying Alexa, birthing her, and raising her the last 20 months I have learned that it is SO MUCH GREATER than I ever imagined. And that just gets me more and more excited about the future.

There's this cliche phrase about being able to love your children in a way you never knew possible, but I totally get it now. The sacrifice and work and time and effort and frustration and somehow loving it all is such a unique experience. I can not thank my Heavenly Father enough for entrusting me with such a sweet spirit, but I'm going to spend the rest of my forever trying to show Him.

The mother life is a good one.
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment